Everything New Families Need to Know for the Start of the '13-'14 School Year
|The Montrose Uniform|
Montrose Students wear a uniform to school every day. The Montrose Uniform is composed of items from Donnelly’s School Apparel and Lands’ End School. THE LANDS' END SCHOOL CODE IS 9000-7378-4.
The basic required items are:
- The Donnelly's Kilt. Many families opt to buy two so that they have one to wear as they wash the other; however, the kilts are made of a hearty, stain-resistant fabric that can be worn several times before wash so some families get along fine with one for their daughter. This kilt is meant to fall naturally at the knee cap.
- A Donnelly's white, button-down blouse with the school seal. They come in short or long-sleeve, at least one of either is acceptable.
- A red sweater from either Donnelly’s OR Lands' End. It does not matter which red sweater; they must have at least one.
- Plain, red, grey, navy, white, or black knee socks from any store. Donnelly's, Lands' End, Target, and Kohl's carry knee socks.
- Plain, black, flat shoes from any store. Donnelly's does carry a shoe option. Any embellishment on the shoes should be minimal.Large buckles, flowers, or other colored embellishments are not allowed. Avoid ballet flats that easily fall off the feet.
|Required Reading & Book Information|
Students are responsible for buying their own books.
Summer reading lists and required textbooks for each course and grade will be posted when they become available.
Calendar of Events for New Families
|Thursday, June 6 & Monday, June 10, 2013, 3:30 PM|
Math Placement Tests
All new students are required to take a math placement exam on either date.
|Saturday, June 15, 2013, 12:30 PM|
Upper School Welcome Day
New and returning upper school Montrose students are invited to attend a day of fun and friendship at the 2013 Upper School Welcome Day.
Students will meet in Medfield at the Montrose campus and depart for a day of fun in Boston. All will enjoy a scavenger hunt throughout the city and dinner in the North End!
The day’s activities are sure to bring the upper school together and foster bonds that will last through high school and beyond.The cost of the day is $25 and space is limited. Click here to download the registration form.
Please be sure to dress comfortably for walking around the city. Don’t forget sun screen and a bottle of water.
Ms. Mary Colette Masteller, firstname.lastname@example.org
508.359.2423 ext. 315
|Thursday, August 8, 2013, 9 AM - 12 PM|
Uniform Pick Up Day
|Friday, August 30, 2013, 9:30 AM|
New Student Orientation
New Student Orientation is the first official day of school for all new Montrosians and their parents. Learn where your classrooms are, receive your locker assignment, pick up your textbooks and purchase your new gym uniform.
9:30 AM - 12:15 PM at Montrose School
|Tuesday, September 3, 2013|
First day of school for all Montrosians